中级会员

积分
发表于 2018-10-22 16:24:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,享用更多功能!灵感论坛,推动创造力的社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
  下面是有关小学英语阅读:11Last Dream for an Old Oak Tree

11 Last Dream for an Old Oak Tree

Once upon a time, there was a large oak tree in the forest. This oak tree was very old. One day during the hot summer, a mayfly flew by and alighted on a leaf of the oak tree.

“Mayfly, you must be so sad.” “Why?” “You get to live only one day.” The oak tree felt sorry for the mayfly. Mayfly asked, “Don‘t you live for one day?” “No. I live much longer than you do.”

The mayfly nodded and asked, “Really? Then, are you happy now?” “Yes, I am very happy,” replied the oak tree.

Then the mayfly smiled and said, “I am very happy, too. Although I get to live only one day, it doesn’t matter. You get to live much longer than I do, but we are both happy, aren‘t we?” The oak tree and the mayfly kept on talking to each other.

Eventually, the mayfly leaned on the oak tree and fell asleep. “Mayfly!” The oak tree called the mayfly, but the mayfly did not respond.

It had died. “Mayfly, have a happy dream.” The oak tree blessed the mayfly for the last time.

Many weeks then passed. Spring, summer and fall went by, and winter came. Finally, the long-awaited day of Christmas came. The oak tree wanted to rest now.

The oak tree had a dream on Christmas day. In it, pretty flowers were abundant and butterflies were flying in a green forest. In this dream, the oak tree met the mayfly. The mayfly said, “Come play here. It is such a happy place.” The oak tree was very pleased indeed to see the mayfly.

While the oak tree was sleeping, its roots were cut. It was time for the oak tree to die. The oak tree went to a happy world, dreaming.

更多小学英语的相关知识点也可关注下北京新东方泡泡少儿的相关课程,相信可以帮助到大家。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|中原工学院论坛 ( 豫ICP备11003946号 ) 百度统计

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 05:48 , Processed in 0.074117 second(s), 26 queries .

© 2010-2017 中原工学院团委 | 中工灵感论坛

请将您的想法告诉我们,帮助我们改进服务 请将您的想法告诉我们,帮助我们改进服务

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表